December 10, 2011

December Anything Goes Challenge by Stacy

Hello everyone!! It is Stacy here today to share with you a Christmas Tree home decor project I made.




I am an admitted Scrap Magazine addict. I should probably be in a 12 step program for it but I'm not. lol The other day I was in my local book store and picked up Paper Creations Magazine. Right on the cover was a gorgeous paper crafted Christmas Tree. It was just so gorgeous that I immediately went to my scrap desk and started cutting out strips of paper! (I am totally not exaggerating!! LOL)

I cut the paper strips 1/2 inch by 4 inches out of MME Signature Christmas paper. I cut WAY TO MANY strips because I had decided to make 3 trees in graduating sizes to sit on my fireplace mantel. I think a good number of strips would be about 140. I used 5 different papers of coordinating paper. (Unfortunately, you can't really tell how different the papers are in the photo.)


Next I got out a Styrofoam cone. After gently folding the paper strip in half without pinching the folded end, I started attaching them to the bottom of the cone with pins. I continued doing this all the way up the tree until I got almost to the top of the cone. Once I finished attaching the paper strips, I got out some ribbon and wound it around the top covering the last row of pins in the paper. Finally, the last step is to top off the tree with buttons. I actually pinned down the bottom button and then glued the others to that button. If you have long pearl pins you could just pin the stack of buttons to the top of the tree.


I already have them sitting on my mantel and LOVE them!! This was such a simple project. It took a bit of time to cut out the paper strips because as I mentioned I cut way too many of them but after that it just went together quickly. So that is my project for December.

Now it is time to see what you can come up with for your December SOS project!! Until next time.....happy scrapping

To participate in the challenge - just send a picture of your project to Scrappinpsycho@live.com along with a brief description.
















8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and it does sound easy to make! I bet you could do it with scraps, too. Gonna have to try this one... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how awesome is this!! Thanks for sharing Stacy, I love it!! Very inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are gorgeous! They look pretty easy to do too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful trees and I can picture just how awesome they are looking on your mantel. It is so great that you saw them and went right to work to get them done and can enjoy them now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love,love these! I've seen them in the past, but forgot about them! I love your choice of pp! Thanks for posting...they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! I love how you went right to work on these, not letting the inspiration die!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those trees are adorable!! That would be so fun. Love the button tops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely - they must look very festive on your mantel and your tips on how many strips to cut and pins to use are very welcome. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete