January 31, 2012

Meet Guest Design Team Member Nicky




Hi, my name is Nicky Normandale. I live in Adelaide, South Australia with my darling boyfriend Shannon. I am a proud Aunt of 6 nephews and a very gorgeous niece who is my favourite person to scrap about. I first started scrapping almost 2 years ago now... My sister had a kit that she'd put together and I borrowed it for a few weeks to see what this scrapbooking thing was all about. When I went to return it I told her how hooked I was and that I planned to buy the basics and go to some classes so I too could learn about all the magic that people can create. I was so excited when she said 'Keep it all then, I don't use it so you may as well'. Since then I have been to many classes and learnt so many techniques. And I've gone from a shopping bag full of bits and pieces to a whole room full of goodies for me to scrap in! I love every moment that I get to spend playing in my room and wish I didn't have to work so I could be in there all day..... I scrap because I love capturing the story behind each photo and so that I can tell our story as a family as to what we got up to in our lives. I scrap about anything whether it be a special occassion or just every day life but mostly cherished moments. I love to sit down and look through my albums to remember those beautiful moments and to see how much I've evolved as a scrapper.

I don't really have a style of my own. I like to try anything and adapt with each project. I follow artists like Teresa Collins, Donna Salazar and Tim Hotlz with passion (perhaps it could be classed as borderline stalking!) and am truly inspired by the products and projects that Kaisercraft create - they are also the reason why I started scrapping, a few clicks on their blog and I was hooked! I love all types of scrapping whether it be making layouts, cards, OTP items and I also like to get my Zutter out and make my own books now and then.
Keep creating that magic!**********************************************************************My Memory Box (photos attached)This is one my favourite projects. I made it a short time after my darling Mother passed away in September last year. It was quite an emotional project but I'm glad I did it. I have put all of Mum's jewelry and the special trinkets, cards, etc that she gave me over the years in it along with the DVD of photos and music from her funeral and most importantly, a bottle of her perfume. When i'm really missing her I sit on the bed with the box and go through the bits and pieces while I reminisce about her. And I dab a little of her perfume on my wrist so that I can feel her there with me.

7 comments:

  1. Your memory box is absolutely gorgeous! You did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea. I'm looking forward to your future contributions to Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being GDT!! What a lovely tribute you have made for your mother. It must really give you comfort. Can't wait to see other work from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mum. What an amazing tribute you made and Congratulations to a fellow GDT. Do you know Heather Jacobs? She lives in Adelaide and has an amazing blog too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your box is a beautiful tribute to your beloved mother ... it will be such a comfort to you through the coming months and years. The papers and embellishments are gorgeous. Congratulations on becoming a GDT member, I look forward to seeing other projects from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely box! Great job! Congrats on being selected as a GDT member. Can't wait to see more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool box! I like the scalloped border and the ribbon around it.

    ReplyDelete