August 5, 2012

Time will Tell by Elizabeth

Scrappers it is time to show another great project for Time will Tell, this month's challenge. Here are the details, we want to see what you have time for ;)

Now on to our designer Elizabeth and what she wants us to know about her layout:

Hello Everyone,

When I was considering what to do for the August Challenge, Time Will Tell, I kept coming back to this lovely photo taken of my granddaughter, Shari-Ann, sitting on her granddad's knee, listening intently as he was telling her a story - she absolutely loved story time with granddad and adored hearing his rather tall tales :)

I chose a Daisy Bucket Designs background paper, Under the Boardwalk, because it is fairly neutral, and the other elements feature colours from the bird border - from Cosmo Cricket's Nutmeg Elements. Most of the papers used are from the snippet pile and unfortunately I no longer remember all the makers or even the what they were called. However, I do know that the borders along with the bird border, the Simple Pleasures sentiment and the Remember When journaling spot are from Cosmo Cricket's Nutmeg Elements. I fussy cut the clocks from the fabulous World Map sheet(Clocks are on reverse)from Kaisercraft Timeless Collection.

I've used Kiwi Lane Designs templates a lot on this layout - the curvy borders are from the Abbie Road set, the bracket shape on the left of the photo is Bracket 1 and the arrow head is from the Tiny Nature set.

The dotty photo matting was trimmed with a pair of scalloped edge scissors - these came free with a craft magazine some time ago. At the time I put them away thinking I'd never use them, and might even pass them on to Shari-Ann for her to play with, but I've now used them twice in as many days so I'll be keeping them after all :)

The embellishments - the die-cut butterflies, a gift from a friend, Tim Holtz Adage Tickets, and adhesive-backed gems were all from my hoard of stash.

I have still to add the journaling, will do that later when I've thought out what to write.

Elizabeth


SOS Challenge - Story Time

5 comments:

  1. Your layout shared such a sweet photo in a fun and trendy way! I love the birds and the curvy borders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that photo Elizabeth! It is priceless! And I love your chosen pp's and embellishments. This is just a lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of pp and love the tickets too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful layout and photo! I really like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the elements!Love the clock especially! The pic is priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete