July 23, 2013

"My Decker Kids" LO by DT Robin R.

Hello!  Today Robin inspires us with this lovely layout about great nieces and nephew.   I love how she altered the bling to the right color she needed! Great idea and great take on the sketch! 
 Check it out:
This is what Robin said about her layout, "These pictures of my great-nieces and great-nephew fit perfectly with the three picture placement in the sketch this month. I’ve, MAYBE, seen these kiddos in real life twice, so I appreciate any and all pictures I can get. Luckily, for Instagram, I’ve gotten to know the girls a bit more. I love social media and use it to snag pictures of my family whenever necessary!
For the circle in the sketch, I traced a paper plate with a few different gold paints I had on hand, Art Anthology Gel Paint, 3D Stamp Paint and Tattered Angel’s Glimmer Glam, off-setting the plate a tad with every paint type.  The swirly bling and the two smaller hearts were, originally, white pearls. I used Art Anthology Gel Paint to color them red. I also used my Copic Markers to color them red. You probably have a lot more colors in your stash than you realize if you just try coloring them with various mediums."

You can find information on the challenge and the Red, White and Blue challenge HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment